About Trailmerge Talent
We're a UX-centered recruiting agency that believes in promoting an abundance of life and opportunity for passionate designers.
About Our Client
Our client is a B2B SaaS startup in the customer experience
management space that helps enterprises and their partner ecosystems
deliver exceptional customer experiences. The world’s largest businesses
trust their technology because it has been tested and proven in the
most complex and secure business environments. Customer experience
professionals use our client's platform because it delivers simplicity
at massive scale, streamlining CXM efforts at every customer touchpoint.
About The Role
We're looking for a talented product designer to be the first
full-time designer on our client's team who will help build and lead a
world class product design team.
The Lead Product Designer
will own and operate our product design process, leading a team of
designers and working closely with Product and Development to solve
complex problems and take products from ideas to production.
client's Product and Design teams are based in the San Francisco Bay
Area and their development team is fully remote. We are looking for
someone, ideally located in the Bay Area, that loves the energy from
in-person sessions and the flexibility of remote work. The team's ideal
working arrangement is staying home to get work done and coming together
to collaborate, solve hard problems, and celebrate.
- You are a strategic problem solver, and you thrive on identifying and refining problems.
- You’re comfortable questioning assumptions and thinking strategically about our product and business.
can think at a high level about product and design strategy and then
zoom into the weeds and focus on pixel perfect execution in the same
- You enjoy being a fast-moving generalist and are excited
about the possibility of bringing simple and elegant solutions to the
complex world of enterprise B2B software.
- You have nuanced
views on how to deliver exceptional product experiences and you have
shipped products across multiple platforms, so you know what works and
- You enjoy working across all stages of product
development, from early wireframes to final visual designs and you
obsess over the details along the journey.
- You’re a
player-coach and you’re interested in doing the work yourself in the
early days while recruiting, mentoring, and building a team to scale our
- Lead the vision of our product experiences at our client's company
- Own the end-to-end design and UX of our client’s applications, from wireframes to final visual design
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach a team of designers that will work directly with each of our development teams
- Set the standard for what great design entails and help your team achieve that standard
- Build and maintain a design system to achieve consistency across our applications
closely with our customers to gather feedback, understand their
problems, and share the findings with the product and development teams
- Collaborate daily with the product and development teams to design, execute, and launch new products and features
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or similar
role designing B2B SaaS web apps (mobile design experience is a plus but
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of designers and managing direct reports
- Demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to take constructive feedback to improve quality
- Strong communication skills verbally and in writing and comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise with Figma is a plus
- Provide a portfolio that demonstrates strong experience and visual design and outlines your design process from beginning to end
Our Client Offers:
- Flexible vacation / unlimited PTO
- Learning and professional development
- Robust medical, dental, and vision plans
- Equity participation