Who we are
Founded in April 2020, Trailmerge helps SaaS (software-as-a-service) startups build best-in-class product design teams through design-specific recruiting and staffing services.
We are on a mission to equip SaaS startups with product and design expertise and empower people to achieve, succeed, and thrive in their work and life.
Our vision is to promote abundance of life and opportunity.
This vision drives how we operate with our team members – mentorship and development are a core part of who we are. This is also how we partner with our clients – journeying with leaders and teams to support their entrepreneurial dreams and growth.
Who you are
First and foremost, you deeply care about our mission. This is not a role for people who are “just looking for anything.”
You care about opportunity for talented and passionate people. You value both individual responsibility and shared successes. You believe technology is for people, not people for technology.
You strive to cultivate a culture of honor and freedom, with the belief that teammates and candidates are human, not "resources".
In terms of professional and personal development, you’re driven to grow and to help others grow. You’re not just a culture fit, you’re a culture add.
You’re comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and can easily switch between different kinds of tasks.
Specific to this role, you are a human-centered recruiter with experience and skill in building strong relationships and making matches between talented professionals and best-fit opportunities. You are friendly and inquisitive and lead with understanding. You feel uncomfortable calling candidates and employees “resources” – they’re humans full of value that you’re serving in their career journey, not a commodity. You’re a quick learner, eager to learn about design in a deep way so you can serve both candidates and customers well.
You are a strong communicator and collaborator. You are strong in balancing business needs while focusing on candidate and customer needs.
You are interested in professional growth and open to constructive feedback.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking full-time support to generate and nurture qualified leads and grow our client base. You will report directly to the founder / CEO.
We are open to remote work, with a preference for the US Eastern or Central time zones.
- Collaborating with the founder and other team members on projects, tasks, and initiatives with a focus on providing excellent candidate and customer experiences and building a profitable business.
- Developing a deep understanding of and language around our services, our unique value proposition, the industry we’re serving, and the field we recruit for.
- Drafting and launching job postings on the Trailmerge website and other relevant sites and media.
- Compiling and contacting relevant candidates through phone, email, social media, virtual and in-person events, and other opportunities.
- Driving in-depth discovery of organizations and individuals to identify and understand ideal candidates and roles.
- Establishing and strengthening trust-based, positive relationships with potential and existing candidates, clients, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Arranging meetings and maintaining communication with candidates and clients.
- Managing client accounts as pertains to roles we’re currently working on filling and have already filled, as well as identifying new roles we can help fill for existing clients.
- Effectively and clearly communicating the value of candidates and hiring teams / client companies to the other party.
- Exhibiting a consultative partnership approach to candidate and customer interactions, discovering needs and proposing solutions.
- Managing, tracking, and improving upon the recruiting process.
- Maintaining positive interactions with external and internal parties, always seeking to provide value to other people while managing company, client, and candidate expectations.
- Coordinating scheduling of phone screens, interviews, and other meetings between multiple parties across different time zones.
- Maintaining timely communication with all parties involved to ensure everyone is up-to-date and well-informed.
- Managing ongoing communication with pools of potential candidates, both those actively seeking new roles and those who are not.
- Meeting or exceeding all recruiting goals.
- Using our current recruiting tech stack and making recommendations for improvement to it.
- Maintaining up-to-date candidate and job opening records, activities, pipeline, interviews, and other data within relevant tools.
- Analyzing data to find trends that will inform improvements in recruiting processes, Trailmerge offerings, and overall candidate and customer experience.
- Strategizing, planning, executing, and improving upon candidate recruiting and growth activities.
- Reporting on results – both successes and areas for improvement.
- Recommending changes or additions to our offering and processes for improved customer and candidate experience, as well as improved business growth.
- Collaborating with the sales team in identifying new business and partnership opportunities.
- Handling conversations with respect and eagerness to reach alignment of interests.
- Other related miscellaneous tasks, as needed.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in B2B recruiting, account management, sales, or business development in the software industry.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- An inherent drive to help others.
- A human-centered approach to recruiting.
- High attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented, with a track record of exceeding goals.
- Strong sense of responsibility and willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Skill in building caring relationships and influencing others.
- Keenly able to understand expectations and align multiple parties in mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Passionate about continuous growth and developing a career in recruiting.
- Proficiency in industry-standard tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Experience leveraging remote collaboration tools, such as Slack, Google Workspace, Zoom, and Asana.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and respectfully in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
Nice to Haves
- University diploma.
- Experience working within a SaaS context or recruiting into SaaS companies.
- Experience in or deep understanding of the user experience design / software product design field.