About Trailmerge Talent
We're a UX-centered recruiting agency that believes in promoting an abundance of life and opportunity for passionate designers.
About Our Client
Our client brings innovation and technology to businesses that have been traditionally pen and paper and slow adopters of technology. Our client believes in Human-Centered Design and is placing a large emphasis on deeply understanding their users, constantly getting feedback from them, and improving the product based on what is learned.
About the Role
Our client recognizes the value of Human-Centered Design (HCD) and is investing heavily in a new Product Experience Design capability. This investment translates into a rare opportunity for you to help build their Product Design team from the ground up!
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding and advocating for users while designing experiences that balance their needs with competing objectives (e.g. business, technical, operational, creative, brand, etc). You will be actively involved in building Product Design processes. This role will report to the Head of Product Design and work closely with Product Managers, Developers & others in the organization to collaboratively envision, design/deliver the best possible products.
Are you human-centric, data-driven, and have a great eye for detail while focusing on the bigger picture? Do you want to work for a fast-growing organization with a large set of users and have a real impact on all areas of the product? If so, then keep reading.
You will get to regularly engage in the three core functions of Product Design.
- Design Research – Observe users. Understanding their needs, wants, expectations, perceptions, etc.
- Experience Strategy – Synthesizing and distilling observations into meaningful stories and actionable recommendations.
- Experience Modeling – Envisioning, designing & prototyping experiences that resonate with users and inspire project sponsors, leaders & teams to unite in a common vision.
There really isn’t a “typical day” for this role, every day will be unique. That said, you can expect to regularly engage in the following activities:
- Lead collaborative discovery efforts including primary user research, audits of existing systems/sites, workshops & stakeholder interviews
- Develop & refine design personas that help the project teams align on audience and focus decisions
- Define & document strategic recommendations and success metrics
- Drive alignment on what constitutes truly “viable” MVPs in a fast-paced, agile, test-and learn culture
- Collaborate with product, business & technical teams to translate strategy, vision & requirements into usable, useful & enjoyable user interactions for a variety of platforms, including smartphone, tablet, and desktop
- Continually validate design decisions and direction with end users using appropriate research techniques
- Provide intelligent, impromptu user-centered consultation
- Generate innovative, unexpected ideas
- Contribute to the development of internal standards, methodologies & processes for consistent yet flexible delivery of Product Design services
- Assist in planning/structuring projects and sprint activities
- Guide and mentor less-experienced team members
- Keep abreast of new technologies, methodologies & industry best practices
This position requires demonstrated skills/experience in all the areas outlined below. Your portfolio will be the best indicator of your skills in these areas. We are also open to reviewing case studies, work samples & discussing your philosophy, approach & experiences in these areas.
- Research Planning – Method selection, recruiting/screening participants, writing facilitator/observer guides, etc.
- Research Facilitation – Individual & group sessions
- Research Methods – Interviews, surveys, focus groups, card sorting, tree testing, concept testing, usability testing, etc.
- Discovery – Facilitating ideation/co-creation workshops, conducting stakeholder interviews, conducting secondary/industry/competitive research, etc.
- Synthesis - Detailed analysis of various sources, developing strategic recommendations that inspire action, assembling/evangelizing personas, etc.
- Visual Design – Contributing/adhering to the creative direction outlined by concepts, page comps, style guides, design systems, etc.
- Interaction Design – Creating flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Service Design – Creating Service blueprints, journey maps, etc.
- Collaboration – Working with others to identify solutions that are better than what anyone could create alone
- Communication – Listening to and communicating with others effectively, respectfully, and proactively
- Emotional Literacy – Understanding/managing your own emotional state, empathizing with others, and promoting a genuine, authentic, and candid atmosphere
- Growth Mindset – Having a general disposition to learn and expand your perspective/capabilities
- Business Acumen – Understanding how design impacts business/organizational goals and weaving that understanding together with user needs to create positive outcomes for both
- Practice Leadership – Your work helps set the standard for how to design great experiences
- Change Management – Helping to enable and implement human-centered change in the organization
- Talent Development – Helping design leadership evaluate and grow the team/capability
- Culture Development – Actively contributing to a sense of unity and collaboration within the design team and across the organization
- Design Operations – Helping manage and mature the design system, design tools, research participant pools, design processes, etc.
- 5-7 Years as an Interaction Designer, UX Designer, Design Researcher, Design Strategist or other similar role(s).
- A track record of influencing the direction of the product and delivering high-quality products while working on B2B applications
- Strong experience in working with engineering and product management teams to oversee the user experience of a product from discovery to delivery
- Experience leading team projects, defining experience brief, design KPI’s, and success criteria
- Experience with working with a non-tech savvy and/or non-native English speaking audience is a plus
Our Client Offers:
- Hybrid or Remote positions (flexible, hybrid office hours available for local employees, remote employees must be willing to work east coast hours)
- Full Time (W-2 ONLY)
- Excellent Benefits / Unlimited PTO
- Work/Life Balance
- Salary range $110,000 - $140,000